Hustler Dash 34

vette1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I Bought a 2018 Dash 34 inch zt B and S motor with only 60 hours on it about 2 months ago.I have about 6000 square ft of grass between my front and back yards. Man what a pleasure to use. I know most everybody on here has bigger mowers but this is great for my small lawn. Thanks to everyone on this site I have gotten great info on zero turns. Just wanted to share what little info I have.

beerme1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I'm new here but am about to buy the 34" Dash XD and a mulch kit.
Overkill for me for sure but the riding mowers with a small deck are non existent unless you do a Cub Cadet CC 30 and that thing started life as an $800 MTD and is all plastic and they want $2200 now. I'd say the Dash XD has gone up by $6-700 in the last year.
There is no comparing the two units but I can't stomach the CC 30 and know I would immediately have buyers remorse so the Hustler Dash XD appears to be in my immediate future. Nice to see you're pleased with yours.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have never seen one but it sounds like just what you needed. I would call it a niche mower just for the small yards like yours. Congrats on the find enjoy your mower.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello I'm new here but am about to buy the 34" Dash XD and a mulch kit.
Overkill for me for sure but the riding mowers with a small deck are non existent unless you do a Cub Cadet CC 30 and that thing started life as an $800 MTD and is all plastic and they want $2200 now. I'd say the Dash XD has gone up by $6-700 in the last year.
There is no comparing the two units but I can't stomach the CC 30 and know I would immediately have buyers remorse so the Hustler Dash XD appears to be in my immediate future. Nice to see you're pleased with yours.
I am not a big fan of the mulch kits. They clog up under the deck really bad. If you do get one you should clean under the deck every time you mow. You need to mow really slow when mulching.

beerme1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am not a big fan of the mulch kits. They clog up under the deck really bad. If you do get one you should clean under the deck every time you mow. You need to mow really slow when mulching.

Hmm, my lot is small so for most of it, it will be slow but there will be a few fast back and forth laps. I have always mulched and to your point, I have a nine year old Toro 30" timemaster that proves your point. The deck is a year away from rusting holes through it. Maybe I should skip that mulch kit. I wonder what the cut looks like from the side discharge vs the mulch cut.
Gotta say though that the stamped deck on the Toro does not surprise me that it's rusted out. I can't believe the fab deck on the Dash would rot the same way though/ The wash port on the Toro deck is absolutely useless. I would hope the Hustler is a different.

Born2Mow

Threads
I started my ZTM career with a 34" Dash and it was a great mower. It cut wonderfully on the small lawns around my house. My only issue was that it didn't weight enough to keep from sliding on the uneven and bumpy "back 40" of my 5 acre wooded lot.

pqhvjmEl.jpg

I now own a heavier Exmark, but I still miss the Hustler's deck lift control and lever location, the storage compartments, the overall seat comfort, and the automatic parking brake function.

Also see.... https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/threads/hustler-34-dash-owner-review.62716/

Last edited: