Hustler/Big Dog front tires

Rollandsons

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2017 big dog flip up. It has 9" no flat tires on flex forks. I hate these tires with a passion!! Hard to keep a straight line and am always getting caught on sidewalk/driveway edges, and if ground is slightly soft, they sink and rut the crap out of the lawn. I've noticed the newer flip up models have 11" pneumatics on them. Am I to assume I can upgrade my flex forks and wheels/tires to 11"? This would make a huge difference, IMO. I understand I'll need to re-level the deck, but a very small price to pay, considering. Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Flex Forks are an accessory. The new Black Jack mowers don’t list the FlexForks as an accessory. The standard tire size for your Black Jack Flip Up is 9 x 3.5 - 4. You could save some money and replace the tires with standard 4 ply pneumatic tires. The 11” tire and wheel combo may not fit your forks.
Call and talk to your local Big Dog or Hustler dealer and find out your best options.
Buying new forks, tires, and wheels is going to be expensive. Buying pneumatic tires won’t be as bad.

Last edited:

Rollandsons

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Flex Forks are an accessory. The new Black Jack mowers don’t list the FlexForks as an accessory. The standard tire size for your Black Jack Flip Up is 9 x 3.5 - 4. You could save some money and replace the tires with standard 4 ply pneumatic tires. The 11” tire and wheel combo may not fit your forks.
Call and talk to your local Big Dog or Hustler dealer and find out your best options.
Buying new forks, tires, and wheels is going to be expensive. Buying pneumatic tires won’t be as bad.
Hustler makes an 11" flex fork for the flip up. I already have tires/wheels from a parts machine. My cost would just be the forks. AND, I have someone interested in buying my current set. So, financially, won't be much out of pocket. Thanks for your reply and i will double check with dealer.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hustler makes an 11" flex fork for the flip up. I already have tires/wheels from a parts machine. My cost would just be the forks. AND, I have someone interested in buying my current set. So, financially, won't be much out of pocket. Thanks for your reply and i will double check with dealer.
As long as the forks fit in your current frame barrels and bearings, have at it.