Husqvarna Z554 Commercial Zero Turn

J.h.B.d.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
I have a nearly new Husqvarna Z554 w/ a FX751v Kawasaki engine. The mower has 65 hours on it. Last year at 32 hours it started choking down bad when starting off mowing up an approx. 5-7deg incline. It sounded like it was starved for fuel but not sure. I can pull back on the handle to stop it and it catches up and goes on. I changed the fuel filter and it went away. At 64 hours it did the same thing. I put a new Kawasaki fuel filter on it w/ no improvement. I then bought a higher fuel flow Kawasaki filter and put it on just a "shot in the dark". Same problem. I called Husqvarna and held on for over 12 hours over a few days and never did reach anyone. The dealership's "mechanic" doesn't have a clue. It doesn't have the problem on level ground or going down a grade. I use 90 octane ethanol-free fuel. None of the fuel lines are pinched or kinked. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just a guess that it could be the float height is either too high or too low. Either not enough fuel and is starving or too high and pulling fuel through the bowl vent choking the engine. Something is that could be occurring is the engine is running on one cylinder all the time but you are only noticing it while going up hill.

J.h.B.d.

Forum Newbie
Threads
I really appreciate the reply. I have worked on a lot of small engines over the years but not a Kawasaki. Is there somewhere I can find how to set the float height? Also, how can I tell if it's running on just one cylinder or not. I have a good spark from both plugs and it seems like it has plenty of power except as I mentioned. Thank you.