Husqvarna YTH2448

mikes3028

Threads
Hello everyone! i had to replace the bearing in one of my mandrels. While I was at the dealer i decided to go ahead and get another grease zerk that had came loose and fallen off the top of the mandrel.
they told me they can't get them and I don't have a part number for them either. does anyone know where i can find a grease zerk for this thing? Right now i have a bolt in the hole but i have to remove it and put a smaller zerk in the hole to grease my bearings and then reinsert the bolt to keep dirt and trash out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Do you have a farm/tractor store near by? They should have them, take the spindle in with you so you can check the fit. Or find one with the same thread size as the bolt you put in it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are two types of zerk fittings. One is the threaded type and the other is a press in type. If you are able to thread a bolt into the hole I’m assuming you have the threaded type. That being the case I would go to a large tractor repair shop or an auto parts supply store with the bolt you are using and have them get you the size you need. It surprises me that your dealer doesn’t have replacement zerks of different sizes on hand, as it is a common repair part.

mikes3028

Threads
Sorry it took so long to get back. yea i figured the dealer would have them for sure. ill just have to check around. thanks y'all for the replies.