Husqvarna XT722FE Fuel Leak

Ctwmace

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently acquired a Husqvarna XT722FE at an estate sale. I was unable to locate the battery charging plug, so I ordered one online. The gas tank was empty, so I put gas in it when I got home. Gas immediately began leaking out the bottom from a location I couldn’t see. What is the most common or plausible area that is leaking the gas? It appears that a black and a red wire coming from the key leading to the engine are cut. I am attaching a photo of the wires. I am confused because it looks like a cut red wire and a cut black wire, however photo looks like one wire with black and red ends that has been cut. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 53737431-3D87-4547-A2CE-AA08DC23BFEA.jpeg
    53737431-3D87-4547-A2CE-AA08DC23BFEA.jpeg
    487.5 KB · Views: 3

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
My guess is the two wires are the connectors that would plug into the battery connector when not being charged. Also since the wires have been cut there could be several reasons for the gas to be leaking out including somebody cut the fuel line, removed the fuel filter if equipped, broken fuel tank nipple, or split fuel line.

Ctwmace

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the quick reply. I am going to remove some of the zip ties and open up the black wiring split tubing and see what I find. I’ll also look for the fuel line and filter and if they’re still there and what shape they’re in.