Export thread

Husqvarna RZ4619 totally different machine now

J

jimvw57

Lately it has been running good, after changing the carb out. I am still a bit disappointed about it's inability to cut the small hills and getting stuck in wet ground, so I decided to change the rear tires since they were weather checked and pretty worn down when I got it. I saw a youtube video about a fellow who switched to a traction/turf tire and he could do hills and such. Figuring I was buying tires anyhow, I bought a pair. Made a world of difference! Now we can cut 99% of the lawn including most of the hills. Guess I should have changed tires a year ago.
Marastar Turf Traction

they had the size to fit my RZ4619..

M

mechanic mark

Lately it has been running good, after changing the carb out. I am still a bit disappointed about it's inability to cut the small hills and getting stuck in wet ground, so I decided to change the rear tires since they were weather checked and pretty worn down when I got it. I saw a youtube video about a fellow who switched to a traction/turf tire and he could do hills and such. Figuring I was buying tires anyhow, I bought a pair. Made a world of difference! Now we can cut 99% of the lawn including most of the hills. Guess I should have changed tires a year ago.
Marastar Turf Traction

they had the size to fit my RZ4619..
good post Jim

J

jimvw57

Got the beast out yesterday and when The Kid started it up, lots of white smoke and it ran rough like the choe was stuck on. It was about mid 80's out. He shut it down and then restarted it, same thing. I pulled the dipstick to check the oil and it was thin looking and dark.
Changed the oil (didn't have a filter) and it was quite watery looking smelling of fuel. Added new oil and started it up, it smoked a bit but cleared up quickly. got the grass cut and it seems to be running good now. Not sure where the fuel came from asit is a new carb just ut on a few months ago, and fuel level looks OK. Mighty strange.....

I did use some 10-40 dino oil and not the synthetic they reccomended (thats what I had on hand) Thinking I'd see how that works and switch back to synthetic after a bit. (Mobil 1)