Husqvarna LC247S - white smoke and won't start after a pause in mowing

David00

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna LC247S - white smoke and won't start after a pause in mowing
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice, please.

I bought a Husqvarna LC247S (self-propelled mower) in the UK back in March, this particular model was only released around that time I think.

On a few occasions after I have been mowing for a hour and stop for a 30 minute break, it won't start again. I can pull the starter cord multiple times and it won't fire up. Sometimes it sounds as if it is going to catch, but then as I pull the cord more it doesn't. The only way to get it to start after that is to leave it for several hours.

I've tried to diagnose the issue. I've checked there's a spark, the plug looks fine but a little wet. But I've also noticed that if it's running normally then I stop it, if I try to start it after 5 mins or so I get a cloud of white smoke when it fires up, with an unusual smell.

Can anyone suggest what's going on - Is it flooding? I wondered if oil was getting into the cylinder, but in that case I'd expect darker coloured smoke, wouldn't I?

Is this a known issue with this model?

Thanks,

David00

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Normally white smoke is an indicator of water in the petrol. Has it done this from day one? Can you supply us with all engine numbers so we know what you have. With more info it will be easier for us to tell you how to proceed.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check the choke.

Check oil dipstick for a gas smell.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the mower has an auto choke it sounds like it is closing on a hot restart and flooding the engine.