Husqvarna HU 700F mower

mikehouse

Threads
Hi all.Coming over from the Craftsman,Lawnboy,Stihl,& Black&Decker forums.
Brand new to Husqvarna ownership.So here goes....
My boss's mom-in-law had this lawnmower that was only used twice after buying it brand new.
However it sat for 2 or more years in her shed so naturally it wouldn't start.Funny thing...after getting the carb off,i wanted to check the gas hoses.Instead of the usual clamps you sqeeze with pliers,they have these little weird wires.Is there an easy way to loosen these without messing them up? Is this the new style?

dougand3

Threads
Most clamps are a band but could be a wire with a 9 and a reverse 9 on the ends. You treat them the same way - pliers.

mikehouse

Threads
Most clamps are a band but could be a wire with a 9 and a reverse 9 on the ends. You treat them the same way - pliers.
I tried that,but it seems it just tightened it.I may need 2 needle nose pliers pulling the opposite way.Going to a dealer today.

Last edited:

dougand3

Threads
Post a pic of it. I pulled the carb off an HU700F last week and don't recall any fuel line trouble.

mikehouse

Threads
Check me out...carb wasn't bad,so i presume it's the gas lines sitting for 2+ years.After getting it put back i'll know.Going obvious.

mikehouse

Threads
Alright,alright,alright!!!!!! I did it! I put the whole carb assembly back together guys.I was familiar with the Briggs because of my Craftsman FWD mower.Bit off more than i could chew,but i got it.Husqvarna HU 700F GCV 160 is now on deck.i can only hope it'll be HALF as good as my Craftsman was.

mikehouse

Threads
Have to report this:the Husqvarna has passed all tests.As good as my old Craftsman.Just as big,but more importantly,it's a little lighter which is a plus.
Cleaned it so good(carb is now VERY clean),Seafoam in spark plug hole,sat for a half hour,oil change w/seafoam,fresh gas w/seafoam.I give 2 soft pulls to get the oil circulating,then a half pull,and it starts right up.I let it run til all the white smoke (carbon) stops.Runs awesome.