Husqvarna deck switch

Gobbles44

Forum Newbie
Threads
my mower will not attempt to start when I hit the switch. If I engage the deck switch up and down about 5 times or more I hear a clicking sound around the motor and then it will usually start. Does this indicate that the switch is going bad? When I say it won’t start I mean the motor won’t even turn over. Thanks for any advice it will be deeply appreciated

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I not hard to get to it isn't hard to check for proper function with an ohm meter. unplug the switch and there should be 8 pins on the back. With the switch pressed in you should have continuity between the outside prongs in each row except the row with 2 if one of the pins is in the center. And then pop the button out and the continuity should switch to the one side and the center pin.

Gobbles44

Forum Newbie
Threads
I not hard to get to it isn't hard to check for proper function with an ohm meter. unplug the switch and there should be 8 pins on the back. With the switch pressed in you should have continuity between the outside prongs in each row except the row with 2 if one of the pins is in the center. And then pop the button out and the continuity should switch to the one side and the center pin.
I checked the switch like you said and it checked out like you said it should.I also checked the brake and seat switches and they check out ok so I will wait until it happens again and go from there.Thanks for your advice I appreciate it very much