Export thread

Husqvarna 5521P/B&S won't stay running/putters out?

B

brucefl56

I have a Husqvarna with a Briggs and Stratton engine. It had a few problems like the start cable was broken (fixed). Then noticed it was leaking gas, so had the gasket changed and it no longer leaks.
The problem is it starts, then putter outs almost immediately or after a minute, or then it will run sometimes for 20-30 minutes (it seems) pretty good. Then dies out. Then when you try to start it, it starts doing the same things.
I thought then it might be the gas, then drained it and tried new gas, then tried a little heat thinking there was water though tried a few different gas containers.
Also chained the spark plug and filter. Tried it with the filter off, oil seems ok. I thought it might be air causing the trouble, he said there isn't an adjustment to allow more gas. I can't see on the carburetor 9p702-0010-F1 where there could be an adjustment? But when it is running, seems to work well? Any suggestions or thoughts. It starts usually one pull. Thanks Bruce

I

ILENGINE

Does this engine have the auto choke with the linkage that comes out from under the blower housing to a lever on the carb to hold the choke open when warm. And also if you move the throttle control on the carb does it open the choke when you move the lever toward idle. If so I dealt with this last month on a pressure washer. The issue could be two fold. One the thermostat isn't heating up fast enough to hold the choke open, and two the carb has an issue that when put under load and the governor response causes it to close the choke resulting in rich running and then a flooding out cycle where it can't recover.

When you replaced the spark plug was it covered in loose black soot.