huskee lt4600

ACF

Threads
i have a huskee lt4600 model 13w878st031 with a mtd engine 4x90hu compression is 75 psi. my problem is that when you go full throttle the engine speed does not change, the engine has one link connected to the governor that extends to the carburetor for throttle. replaced carburetor this did not resolve any thing. looking for any clues to try and resolve this issue
thanks
AC

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is the engine just idling and and doesn't respond to throttle input. Or is it running fast or faster than idle and not respond. If idling with no throttle input I would be suspecting broken/disconnected/missing governor spring.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
i have a huskee lt4600 model 13w878st031 with a mtd engine 4x90hu compression is 75 psi. my problem is that when you go full throttle the engine speed does not change, the engine has one link connected to the governor that extends to the carburetor for throttle. replaced carburetor this did not resolve any thing. looking for any clues to try and resolve this issue
thanks
AC
Hopefully you didn’t throw away the original carburetor. MTD doesn’t make engines. What brand of engine and the model number and a picture is what is needed to help you at this point.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hopefully you didn’t throw away the original carburetor. MTD doesn’t make engines. What brand of engine and the model number and a picture is what is needed to help you at this point.
The 4X90HU as listed in the OP is the model number of the MTD branded engine. That is a made in China engine for all practical purposed made for/by MTD.

ACF

Threads
Is the engine just idling and and doesn't respond to throttle input. Or is it running fast or faster than idle and not respond. If idling with no throttle input I would be suspecting broken/disconnected/missing governor spring.
was missing small governor spring just got in , now which hole does it go into on governor lever no signs as to which was the correct one drawing is so bad can not tell from it my gut says the hole closest to the carb

thanks