HRN216VKA Self propelled function no longer working

Mower_noob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey friends!

I bought this mower in April of this year, has been used to cut my half acre lot once a week since then.

On Saturday, the self propelled function stopped working. I’ve been checking out YouTube to try and fix it but no luck so far.

1) Pulling the lever to activate self propelled function makes the mower sound like it’s bogging down a bit.

2) withe mower on its right side, pulling the same lever causes the belt to go taut around the two pulleys

3) the cable for this lever appears to be taut

4) raising the rear wheels of the mower and pulling the self propelled lever causes no spinning at all of the rear wheels

I would really appreciate any and all input in diagnosing this issue. Tbh I’ve misplaced the receipt and not sure I can still use the warranty.

Thanks for your time.

gotomow

Threads
Most retail and dealers have a way to look up receipts. I'm thinking that Honda also goes by serial # so if you purchased in April it would easily be a serial # still under warranty.

Mower King

Threads
Hey friends!

I bought this mower in April of this year, has been used to cut my half acre lot once a week since then.

On Saturday, the self propelled function stopped working. I’ve been checking out YouTube to try and fix it but no luck so far.

1) Pulling the lever to activate self propelled function makes the mower sound like it’s bogging down a bit.

2) withe mower on its right side, pulling the same lever causes the belt to go taut around the two pulleys

4) raising the rear wheels of the mower and pulling the self propelled lever causes no spinning at all of the rear wheels

I would really appreciate any and all input in diagnosing this issue. Tbh I’ve misplaced the receipt and not sure I can still use the warranty.

Thanks for your time.
Things that cause that are : too much debris in drive system - cable / cables out of adjustment - drive belt broken or stretched - drive belt came off of pulley / pulleys - drive assembly bad

Depends on where it was purchased to get warranty work done, box stores usually don't do repairs....under warranty or not!

Briantii

Threads
Hey friends!

Thanks for your time.

Given the mower hasn’t been out for even a year I can’t imagine Honda denying warranty coverage. I’d call them and make them fix their problem.

Mower_noob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies fellas, I dropped off the mower at the service center. Never really had to warranty anything before so fingers crossed it goes well.

Thanks again!

Mower_noob

Forum Newbie
Threads
In case anyone faces similar situation, turns out there was a stick stuck in the drive gears per the service center