HRC216 K1 HXA Mulch Plug

Jwbullock

Forum Newbie
Threads
8F1B27E2-02F0-485E-B434-218FA7ECA706.jpeg
Hey folks!

I recently scored an old HRC216 K1 HXA, needed a ton of cleanup inside & out but is running beautifully now! It came with the mulching blade set, but no plug. I’ve looked everywhere for one & no luck - anyone have one that I could buy?

catbob

Threads
Check Amazon they have a few or your local Honda dealer, but you will need your model and serial number or part number

Jwbullock

Forum Newbie
Threads
Unfortunately Honda discontinued my part #, so my only option will be a used one or to fab something myself - hopefully will find one here! Model # is HRC216K1HXA.

catbob

Threads
Maybe you could check by serial number what year your mower is and check other models of that year and see if the deck has changed from yours. I guess what I'm trying to say is that other models might have the same deck. Some on Amazon are around $15, don't work send it back. Good luck

Jwbullock

Forum Newbie
Threads
The deck that’s one model newer than mine (which is the same one they’re still making HRC216s with) has an aluminum “scroll” lining the chute, which is a different size and has a slot to clip the mulch plug in place. I’m just one model too old :(

I’ve seen some folks on here who have Honda commercial collections or regularly find HRCs and repair them, so I’m hoping someone might stumble across this who has the mulch plug I need! Otherwise, I’ll have to learn how to fab up something - maybe with aluminum sheeting or plasti-welding? Curious if anyone has advice on that if they’ve ever had to make their own plug?

I mowed the lawn with it over the weekend, and it definitely needs the plug for mulching (I don’t bag)... lots of clippings through the back flap, and a chute full of them at the end of the mow that has to be cleaned up.