Export thread

HRA214 rear axle/transmission removal

M

mfulls

Hey everyone. I picked me up a Honda HRA214 the other day for about $60. A steal in my book. Apparently it was sitting for a while and wouldn't start. I cleaned the carb and it fired right up. Unfortunately, all of the cables were frozen, so I am in the process of replacing cables to see what does and doesn't work. So far, the choke and blade work fine. I am having a lot of trouble replacing the transmission cable. There was a lot of rust, and I have used an entire can of PB blaster on the rear axle, but I still can't figure out how to get the rear axle and transmission out so I can check the gears and replace the cable. I can get the deck height to adjust somewhat, but that is all that moves. I can't seem to figure out how to remove the rear axle. Can anyone give me some help with this? Thanks.

M

mechanic mark

OEM Parts : CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation this is a great source for parts with good prices. For safety remove spark plug boot, remove cable link pins from transmission, place a 4x4 piece of wood under deck just in front of rear wheels, remove rear wheel assemblies laying parts out in order for right & left sides, plenty of Liquid Wrench brand penetrating oil let soak overnight.