How to recalibrate honda HRM 215 SXA

JohnAtPml

Forum Newbie
Threads
I replaced the pan gasket on my HRM 215 SXA mower because of oil leak and now the governor doesn't work.I can manually adjust the rpm by moving the governor actuator, but the actuator doesn't seem to do anything by itself. appreciate if someone could show how to recalibrate the governor, if that might be the problem. Was there a procedure I missed?

Right-tab

Forum Newbie
Threads
I believe the HRM215 models had the 140 GXV engines in them, so adjustment process must be similar to the HRC 216 160 GXV line.

Loosen the nut on the governor arm pinch bolt and move the governor arm rearward, as far as it will go, to the full throttle position.
With the governor arm held rearward, use pliers to rotate the governor arm shaft clockwise as far as it will go, and tighten the nut on the governor arm pinch bolt.
Start the engine and allow the engine to warm up.
Use a tachometer to check RPM's, with the throttle lever in the FAST position and the blade engaged.
I *think* the maximum RPM is 3,100.
governor.jpg

JohnAtPml

Forum Newbie
Threads
I believe the HRM215 models had the 140 GXV engines in them, so adjustment process must be similar to the HRC 216 160 GXV line.

Loosen the nut on the governor arm pinch bolt and move the governor arm rearward, as far as it will go, to the full throttle position.
With the governor arm held rearward, use pliers to rotate the governor arm shaft clockwise as far as it will go, and tighten the nut on the governor arm pinch bolt.
Start the engine and allow the engine to warm up.
Use a tachometer to check RPM's, with the throttle lever in the FAST position and the blade engaged.
I *think* the maximum RPM is 3,100.
View attachment 64519
Thank You very much. My problems were worse than just that. I had to remove the oil pan and align the governor arm between the counterweights and the case stop, as I hadn't properly done that after making a new gasket to solve the oil leak. Now it all works great.