How to move plants to new house

upupandaway

Threads
I shall be moving my house in a couple of months and I have a number of plants and shrubs in posts that I will be taking with me. I don't want to sell them as I love them a lot. My kids also like them and want them in our new home. So I have decided to take them with us into our new home.
I have about 50 hostas of various sizes, all in pots and tubs. Some about 4 ft in diameter as well as 20 fuschias and many other plants and cuttings to take. How should I prepare them for the journey?
I will be using a long distance shipping company. I was thinking of putting the pots in bin bags and securing them to the trunk to keep any ants contained. Should I wrap in fleece or something similar to protect the branches?

Can anyone offer any suggestions, please?
Thanks
When I moved, I dumped the potting soil and put the plants themselves in a box, the posts together etc.then repotted them when I moved in. All good.
I figured 2 things - no dirt to spill and they could use a repotting anyway.

pexaj

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I moved, I dumped the potting soil and put the plants themselves in a box, the posts together etc.then repotted them when I moved in Flytte bedrift. All good.
I figured 2 things - no dirt to spill and they could use a repotting anyway.
thank you so much for your suggestion