Export thread

How to install artificial grass?

A

Arslan001

I have a beautiful lawn and want to install artificial grass please suggest to me the best way to install artificial grass.

R

Rivets

Back on March 10 you asked what type of grass to install for your lawn? Now you state that you have a beautiful lawn and want info on how to install artificial grass. I would like to know what type of grass you installed to have a beautiful lawn in only two weeks? Please explain type of soil conditions, type of seed, type of fertilizer, and how often you watered to do this in such a short time. Not only for me, but hundreds of property owns who don’t have the time to wait years to make their property look great. Personally I wouldn’t want to replace a beautiful, natural lawn with plastic carpet, but I guess everyone has their own opinion as to what looks best. Also, are you a homeowner, commercial dealer, or 13 year old troll?

StarTech

StarTech

Well it sounds like someone that don't like real grass as it take work to maintain. Lazy people don't like to work even it is a good health benefit.

The OP could always do what I heard one guy did. That was replace all his natural grass with dyed green concrete.

sgkent

sgkent

wait until summer when that artificial grass is 240F and your dogs paws fall off from burns.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I have a beautiful lawn and want to install artificial grass please suggest to me the best way to install artificial grass.
Green side up.

G

Gord Baker

Take your Med's.

StarTech

StarTech

Take your Med's.
I do but they are not working. I going bonkers now.?

sgkent

sgkent

that stuff gets 150F to 200F in summer without the moisture in the ground to cool it.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Ask my son about how hot the old style turf fields can get. The college field he played and practiced on was astroturf over pavement. During summer 2 a days the field surface got so hot you could get first degree burns from it. They would have to move pracrice to a grass field. He said they called the field the kenner easy bake oven.

Green side up.
Ya beat me to it, was gonna say same thing....... (y)

sgkent

sgkent

what if both sides are green? :)

I guess then it wouldn't matter.......

S

SamB

what if both sides are green? :)
Go with the fuzzy side up.

C

clarkie68

I suggest you should install real grass, look I know it's your preference since it's your lawn. But when I built my own house back in 2012, even I thought same and wanted to install artificial grass but my friend who was in gardening helped me and gave me advice for real grass, I know it needs a quite of maintenance but it will totally worth it.