Export thread

How To Install 220884 - Switch-Stop (For 1-1/2 High, 38 mm Spark Plug)

Biscuit Barrel

Biscuit Barrel

I have a Homelite 2" Trash Pump with a special HD B&S Engine ( 131232 0130 01 ). The parts list specifies this part. Somehow it clips onto a 1/4 x 1/4" approx protruding tab on the head cover/duct - there appears to be no fastener involved. To me, I can't imagine how it stays in place and does not end up missing like mine! Here are some pics:

1628368845275.png1628368977153.png

R

Rivets

The tab with the hole in it slides down between the cooling fins. The part I have circled slides into the rectangle slot. Tension from that tab will hold it in place and also allow it to move.
1628369762941.png

Biscuit Barrel

Biscuit Barrel

Thanks!

Upon further careful looking at the cover pic, the tap on mine does not have the double bend at the end like the black one - It just has an up-bend. I can see where the "switch" rubbed away the paint at its pivot point. I'll see if I can find a cheap tab somewhere (some places want $16 + shpping !!!) or maybe solder some copper sheet to the tab because as it stands now, there is no way to turn the pump off properly.
0806211453 (2).jpg

R

Rivets

Check your local repair shops. It wouldn’t surprise me if one of them would have one laying around.

O

OldDiyer

All that clip does it ground out the plug wire to stop spark so you could use a screw driver to do the same thing just ground that plug wire and the motor will quit running.