How to I determine the value of a used ZTR?

Denny W Smith

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am considering upgrading my ZTR to a larger deck sized mower. Is there such a thing as a Kelly Blue Book to determine a ballpark value of a used ZTR? I am open to trading to a dealer on a new machine and/or to selling it outright on the used market.

Thanks for any thoughts and/or advice.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would think a lot depends on the condition of the machine and where you are. It is like a boat that is older than a year or two. One suggestion is look on FB, CL, go by some auctions and see what similar ones sold for locally. You might also pay a dealer to appraise it. Remember that to a dealer everything is a wholesale value but the buyer is thinking retail.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Post the Type and model no. of the mower and someone here might be able to help you.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Post the Type and model no. of the mower and someone here might be able to help you.
Brand of mower, model/brand of engine, age of mower, hours on meter, and overall condition of equipment are the determining factors to value. Finding actual used value, unlike a car, is not a “black and white” value with mowers. Some online auction sites, Facebook Marketplace, EBay on used prices may also help with what current value is or may be.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look on FB Marketplace for something similiar. Any trade to a Dealer won't be as much as outright sale imo.