How to adjust Walbro LMR-11 carb on LB

dragan322

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2-cycle S19ZPM that I bought new around 1992. It's been pretty faithful all these years until it really lacked power about 3 years ago -- that's when I finally realized the importance of cleaning the exhaust ports. They were really clogged with carbon when I first addressed the problem 2-3 summers ago. I decided to check them again last week and they were bad again. Cleaned them nicely, but am now having a little trouble with the mower running. It runs well on full choke, but dies after a few seconds on full throttle. I took apart the carb today and cleaned it. It's a Walbro LMR-11. Only one exterior adjustment screw. Anyone have an idea on a proper adjustment? I think maybe I did not have it adjusted right after the first time I cleaned the exhaust ports and maybe it was running too rich. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Walbro LB carb 015.jpg
    Walbro LB carb 015.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 53

dragan322

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks -- I actually have been on that web site, but the instructions for the adjustment are for a carburetor that's not like mine. I only have one adjustment screw and no "hi" and "low" screws. I did find today that it seems pretty straightforward to adjust. However, I still lack power and now I'm convinced my problem is with the throttle spring that controls the white vane. The spring (part # 613142 in case someone has one to sell) apears to be stretched and not working right.
Dragan322

Fireman 123

Threads
You should be able to find parts on eBay.