How good is the kohler 7000 engine?

kraky

Threads
Seems like Kawasaki can't keep up and the kohler is popping up everywhere.
Anyone out there got some serious hours on one yet that can tell us how its going?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Seems like Kawasaki can't keep up and the kohler is popping up everywhere. Anyone out there got some serious hours on one yet that can tell us how its going?

No sure what Kohlers they are but I know of Evers, people who have Kohlers that you can't keep oil in and they do mot have a bunch of hours on the, at all. Our Scags both have Kawasaki engines on them and we are well pleased with them.

KrashnKraka

Threads
No sure what Kohlers they are but I know of Evers, people who have Kohlers that you can't keep oil in and they do mot have a bunch of hours on the, at all. Our Scags both have Kawasaki engines on them and we are well pleased with them.

My posts on my FR541V may well help you keep them going, and pleased.
I aint, pissed off to the max :mad:

KK

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seems like Kawasaki can't keep up and the kohler is popping up everywhere.
Anyone out there got some serious hours on one yet that can tell us how its going?

The 7000 Series Kohler just came out a while ago and there a better than the average residential engine. My guess it was designed by Kohler to compete with the Kawasaki FR Series engine. You probably wont find any with any real serious hours being there a residential engine, there not a commercial that gets used everyday. You'll find them on Lawn and Garden Tractors and Ztr's that are sold at HD, Lowes etc.

Dpmulvan

Threads
My 7000 has had problems with only 3 hours, continues to stall after warm up. Got back from dealer yesterday and they didn't fix the problem. I think this motor sucks it seems like a poor design and cheap.

577jersey

Threads
My buddy has one with over 100 hard commercial hours on it and only thing was starter problems..warranty fixed it right up for him.
Seems like good motor so far,hopefully by the time my FR wears out Ill know more about the 7000 :)

Old Okie

Threads
My Toro Zero Turn has the Kohler motor and has mowed a nearly 2 acre yard for 4 years with no problems.
My big Toro, 60 inch, has the Kawasaki motor. I mow vacant lots and pasture patches with it, no problems.
These machines are well maintained and never set out in the weather.

MowLife

Threads
My Toro Zero Turn has the Kohler motor and has mowed a nearly 2 acre yard for 4 years with no problems.
My big Toro, 60 inch, has the Kawasaki motor. I mow vacant lots and pasture patches with it, no problems.
These machines are well maintained and never set out in the weather.

Your mowers were brand new when this thread was started. :tongue:

Markarsmith

Forum Newbie
Threads
The 7000 series Kohler is a Courage engine, also with a sub-par air filter, but..it is basically a detuned, no frills Command, so the architecture is proven. These had some starter issues in the past but recent models have proven more reliable.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
The 7000 series Kohler is a Courage engine, also with a sub-par air filter,

What do you mean by 'sub-par?' It lets dirtier air through or the filter element doesn't last as long as a commercial filter?

There's a big difference.