Export thread

How do i replace aCraftsman blade holder ..

grumpygrizzly

grumpygrizzly

Craftsman 6.25hp. Trying to replace the blade holder under the deck.

Hmm then I'm going to need a new one,

Motor runs fine and smooth even though the blade was bent like a balloon animal. The blade holder took some damage and one of the bolts was shared off.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

sgkent

sgkent

thanks for sharing

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Will need the model number of the mower to identify the correct replacement.

M

MParr

Let’s hope that you didn’t bend the crankshaft.

grumpygrizzly

grumpygrizzly

Will need the model number of the mower to identify the correct replacement.
I'll get that for you tomorrow. Thanks!

M

MParr

You need to get the blade and blade holder off of the crankshaft. After doing that, try to crank the mower. If the mower cranks and runs smooth, you can proceed. If the mower vibrates like crazy, you have bigger problems.

grumpygrizzly

grumpygrizzly

I've got the blade off and I DO need a new blade holder but, I guess I'm asking "How do I remove the blade holder?"

M

MParr

The way that you described the after effects, you are likely to have a bent crankshaft. If the crankshaft is bent, be ready to fork out money for a new engine or new mower.
Anyway, here’s a video.

StarTech

StarTech

Most likely the blade adapter is held by a center screw (bolt). It will need removing. It blade adapter is stuck then you will a bearing separator/puller to remove the adapter. And probably will a longer screw to press against during the removal process.

M

MParr

Most likely the blade adapter is held by a center screw (bolt). It will need removing. It blade adapter is stuck then you will a bearing separator/puller to remove the adapter. NAd probably will a longer screw to press against during the removal process.
I’m worried that he boogered up the crankshaft.

S

slomo

By God, make sure you remove the spark plug boot first. Safety first here guys. Don't know how many times I've had to go out in the garage and kill some mower engines over night. :LOL: