Honda Transmission - Lose traction

calhubler

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a HRR2168VKA Sn:MZCG-8518237, I would like to know the difference between the two transmissions: 2001-VL0-P00 and 2001-VL0-S00. I still can't get traction after changing the transmission, except when I lift the rear wheels off the ground. I installed S00, but still no traction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
its a Honda. Honda doesn't make anything like they used to. Sorry you are having problems. It is either in the transmission or in getting power to the transmission. Inspect the belt for slipping too.

calhubler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply. I installed a new transmission, Honda part number: 2001-VL0-S00, but the parts diagram shows that is for the same model I have but for a mower built a lIttle later in the production run. The parts diagram shows I should have a 2001-VL0-P00, I wonder what the difference is between the two models?
When I pull on the Smart Drive paddles, the belt get tight and when I pull on the it the belt doesn't move. I just know how tight it has to get to move/drive the mower forward. I'm in the process of trying to reinstall the Smart Drive and seeing if there is wrong there.