Honda mower

Beckett1226

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased my sister's Honda Mower serial # HRR2162SDA. Of course I did not get an owner's manual and I have a question. When the clutch is pulled in for the mower to move forward it moves pretty fast. Is there anyway to slow it down? There is no lever for speed controls the only lever is a choke lever. Am I missing something?

cfmechanics

Threads
I purchased my sister's Honda Mower serial # HRR2162SDA. Of course I did not get an owner's manual and I have a question. When the clutch is pulled in for the mower to move forward it moves pretty fast. Is there anyway to slow it down? There is no lever for speed controls the only lever is a choke lever. Am I missing something?
Is it hydrostatic or geared?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
No, you're not doing anything wrong. The SDA model is a single-speed gear transmission model. It has a published ground speed of 2.8 mph, with the engine governed to 2,950~3,100 rpm. You may wish to get it to a dealer who can double-check the engine speed with a tach. It's possible it may be running faster than 3,100 and should be slowed down. Here's a tool to find a dealer:
Honda Power Equipment - Find a dealer

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.