honda lawn mower

harri1017

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a honda hrr21166vka when you pull to start it pulls your arm off not the flywheel key do you need blade and belt on ? could this be the problem it does not start

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You do have to have the blade on.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a honda hrr21166vka when you pull to start it pulls your arm off not the flywheel key do you need blade and belt on ? could this be the problem it does not start

Do a spark check, replace spark plug if needed.

harri1017

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do a spark check, replace spark plug if needed.

It is not the spark plug. when you pull the coil the fly wheel rotates 3/4 of the way then have to pull real hard to go past that.With the plug out pulls easy with the plug in and not pluged in still hard to pull 3/4 of the way through . I do not know much about engine people tell me timing?It fells like the motor s gets stuck with pressure after 3/4 turn of engine. Thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is not the spark plug. when you pull the coil the fly wheel rotates 3/4 of the way then have to pull real hard to go past that.With the plug out pulls easy with the plug in and not pluged in still hard to pull 3/4 of the way through . I do not know much about engine people tell me timing?It fells like the motor s gets stuck with pressure after 3/4 turn of engine. Thanks

Timing is from the flywheel key. You said it was fine.
Did you put the blade back on? It needs it on.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is there any change in the tension on the blade control lever? If it has failed, the flywheel brake is spring-loaded to NOT allow the engine to turn. You must pull back and hold the Blade Control Lever to release the brake and allow the engine to turn.

If that's not the issue, it sure does read like the flywheel is out-of-time with the rest of the engine internals. It would need to be pulled and the crankshaft inspected; look for any damage to the keyway and woodruff key:

26916623854_5c7850f5aa_o.png