Honda HT3813

arlis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know much about a 1985 Honda Ht3813. I just got it yesterday and I am going to start working on it. And I was hoping you guys could give me some tips, tricks, or just general info that would help me.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anyone know much about a 1985 Honda Ht3813. I just got it yesterday and I am going to start working on it. And I was hoping you guys could give me some tips, tricks, or just general info that would help me.

There is a very active online community at www.mytractorforum.com; here's the link to the Honda Riding Equipment page, highly recommended. These guys really know the old Honda stuff, and can no doubt answer anything you can throw at them:

Honda Forum at mytractorforum.com

If you are a DIY-type person, a shop manual is priceless. Honda only offers paper copies (151 pages, lots of step-by-step and fully illustrated) and sells them ($45, free shipping) through eBay and Amazon.com.

ht3813shopmanualcover_zpsa09ff8bc.jpg

ht3813dissindex_zpscd986014.jpg

Here are the links to the full manual for the HT3813:

Amazon: HT3813 Shop Manual
eBay: HT3813 Shop Manual

arlis

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will check that out. Thanks for the info.

diff2006

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have one which works well except it starts to over rev after 15 minutes run time. No one has really given me a blow by blow description as to how to fix this problem and some say it is due to engine running hot and trying to cool itself. I really doubt this. Others have said that the governor gear gets hot (made of aluminum) and slips on the shaft since it is not keyed to the shaft. I have yet to disassemble but I hope another will weigh in. My second issue was the first bearing on the clutch/brake assembly (one closest to the engine housing failed and things got so hot that the fan blade melted off the shaft. I was lucky and rad was not punctured. There are overheat warning devices on this rig-try to ensure they work so if overheat occurs the motor can be shut down. I have the manual on a stick which plugs into computer-it is quite good and worth having as it also interprets how the clutch works and how to adjust it for proper operation. Hope you enjoy it