HONDA HRX 217HMA wont stay running!

Philipshari

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I'm new to this forum looking for ideas as to an issue with my mower. This battery started gas mower is approx. 16 years old with about 8 years on the powerplant. It went thru a 6 year time span where it sat in my shed protected from the elements not being used. A few weeks ago I sent it to a local repair facility to get it ready for use. The carburetor, spark plug and air filter were replaced. The mower runs fine in an idle state but when you star to mow, after a few minutes the mower engine starts to miss and the mower shuts down like it ran out of gas. It usually starts up after 2-3 attempts and will mow for a few minutes and then again... shuts down. This is not a stalling issue, the grass is not that high and the underside of the mover is clean. The same gas source powers my Zero Turn without issue. The gas is treated with an additive (don't remember the name.) If it runs thru a full tank of gas in idle state I wouldn't think it is the fuel filter. but,,,I'm not mechanically inclined.
Any Ideas! Thank you very much!

Mower King

Threads
Hi. I'm new to this forum looking for ideas as to an issue with my mower. This battery started gas mower is approx. 16 years old with about 8 years on the powerplant. It went thru a 6 year time span where it sat in my shed protected from the elements not being used. A few weeks ago I sent it to a local repair facility to get it ready for use. The carburetor, spark plug and air filter were replaced. The mower runs fine in an idle state but when you star to mow, after a few minutes the mower engine starts to miss and the mower shuts down like it ran out of gas. It usually starts up after 2-3 attempts and will mow for a few minutes and then again... shuts down. This is not a stalling issue, the grass is not that high and the underside of the mover is clean. The same gas source powers my Zero Turn without issue. The gas is treated with an additive (don't remember the name.) If it runs thru a full tank of gas in idle state I wouldn't think it is the fuel filter. but,,,I'm not mechanically inclined.
Any Ideas! Thank you very much!
Coils have been known to fail when they get hot, then work again when they cool off.