Export thread

Honda HRR2168VKA blade disengage screeching sound

jackweinstein

jackweinstein

Hello! I’m new to the forum and was hoping someone could help. I just bought a used Honda HRR1168VKA mower. It seems to run and cut fine, but when you disengage the blade, it makes a loud screeching sound. If I disengage the blade slowly, it doesn’t make the noise. Any idea what it could be? And should I be worried about it causing damage to the engine?

Thanks,
Jack

D

Darryl G

Hello! I’m new to the forum and was hoping someone could help. I just bought a used Honda HRR1168VKA mower. It seems to run and cut fine, but when you disengage the blade, it makes a loud screeching sound. If I disengage the blade slowly, it doesn’t make the noise. Any idea what it could be? And should I be worried about it causing damage to the engine?

Thanks,
Jack
Likely the blade brake clutch pad is worn.

T

tpkoenigsr

Thanks,
Jack
Interesting ! Have the same mower ! Mine is making a similar noise, only continuously any time the engine is operating. Although, engine and mower run flawlessly ?