Honda HRM215 Recoil Repair

jimcahoe

Threads
My rope broke today and I took cover off to replace rope. That was easy enough but I don't understand how to reset the coil. Any help would be appreciated. Couldn't find one like this on YouTube.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
My rope broke today and I took cover off to replace rope. That was easy enough but I don't understand how to reset the coil. Any help would be appreciated. Couldn't find one like this on YouTube.

There are different recoils used on this model; if you'll get me the serial number off the back, I can share some service materials.

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
GJAB-7334825

Jim, that's the ENGINE serial number, I need the FRAME serial number that's on the back of the mower deck. For the HRM215, it should be "MZBB-1234567"

There were four different versions of the HRM215, and from what I can see, at least 2, maybe 3 different recoil starters were used.

jimcahoe

Threads
Jim, that's the ENGINE serial number, I need the FRAME serial number that's on the back of the mower deck. For the HRM215, it should be "MZBB-1234567"

There were four different versions of the HRM215, and from what I can see, at least 2, maybe 3 different recoil starters were used.

Mine is the plastic deck. It is a push and the engine dies when I release the handle. The only other number I could find was on the engine block(GXV140-135cm).

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

There are two types of recoils for this model, very similar, but one has a threaded screw (Phillips head) and the other has a pressed-in roll pin. The procedure to install new rope is the same, however. In the shop manual, the K0 models use a screw, and newer K1~K4 models have the roll pin. See the attached pages for details on servicing both types. I do not think you need to disassemble either to just install new rope...hope this helps.

Attachments

• hrm215 recoil.pdf
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 72