Honda HRM215 age

Pars

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I have a Honda Harmony HRM215K3-HXA that I bought new many years ago. It had run without any problems all this time until last year when I couldn't get it started. I had a mobile repair out who rebuilt the carb. It ran OK part of last year, but I was having to mow with it in the choke position, and it got back to not starting again. I finally determined that the repair guy had not tightened the clamp for the throttle cable housing, so took the slack out and tightened, making sure the choke was coming on all the way. Solved that problem and back to running great.

When I was running the gas out of it in December for the winter, I noticed a small oil leak. Had a different mobile repair guy out who determined it was the gasket for the breather underneath the flywheel, and replaced that. Mowed once, and it was back to leaking oil a bit. Mobile guy thinks it is building up pressure in the crankcase, and he says it isn't repairable, at least not economically. He did not run a compression or leak down test on it, said he would come out and do that, but isn't returning my messages now. Any thoughts?

Also, regarding its age, the best I can remember is I bought it from a dealer in Lisle, IL around 2000 or so. I called the dealer (which has changed hands) and they had no record of the purchase (used my home phone #). Any thoughts as to age of this mower? It is still running so well I hate to toss it, but don't want to put too much into it either at this point.

Thanks for any help.
Chris

Pars

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just as a followup, I contacted Honda, and they told me that I bought this mower on May 8, 1999, which was a Saturday and coincides with what I remembered. I recall going to HD and they didn't have what I wanted, so went to the dealer in Lisle, who did have what I wanted, so I bought it.

Curious as to what engine this has, a GCV140 or 160?