Honda HRC216K3HXA, rotostop boade clutch popping out of gear

eomckamey

Threads
  • / Honda HRC216K3HXA, rotostop boade clutch popping out of gear
Back on 12 Mar, 2017, by Member Sparklnd, there was a similar post and...I posted almost identical version rel. my commercial mower. Serial #MAKA-11298374...but never received any valid solutions. Would like see if any help now available? "Sometimes the yellow lever lock button, abruptly releases...causing the blade to quit turning. Honda spec. Free play of the "Blade Control Lever Adjustment" is 3/4 - 1". I have tried all variations within the Honda spec...but problem still remains. Anyone know of proper fix? or have access tob aHoda Service Bulleting, 2009, that supposedly may address this issue?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
All cables should be adjusted at the same time per manual, cable free-play is essential. Cables do wear out over time, I would inspect visually for wear, stretching & fraying. I would also disassemble clutch brake assembly & inspect for worn out parts. Let us know how it goes, thanks Mark

Last edited:

eomckamey

Threads
Thanks, Mark. This situation has been present for some time. I have adjusted everything to specs ie. free play etc.
Cables are all in good condition. Mower overall condition is excellent, I bought new.

Again....there was a Honda Service Bulletin back in 2009 o address this issue...something about slightly bend (1mm( the yellow Roto-Stop button contact surface.
I would like to view that specific bulletin for reference to my problem. Can you pls. locate same for me. I can't be the only indiv. with the "lever lock abruptly releasing...popping off the roto-stop cable arm, when mowing.
EdM.

eomckamey

Threads
I corrected my Honda Commercial Mower info to: HRC216K3HXA, Serial # MAKA-1198374.
Did enter at above URL provided but:
RESULTS:
There are currently no active recalls for your Power Equipment product.
==================
Honda.jpg

Free play of the "Blade Control Lever Adjustment" is 3/4 - 1". I have tried all variations within the Honda spec...but still
the problem remains: Mower purchased new in 2017 & worked fine until couple yrs. ago....when sometimes the yellow lever lock button (14) abruptly releases...causing the blade to quit turning. It seems to pop off the roto-stop cable arm (11) when moving forward the handle and yellow button. It will also at times...pop off, during normal mowing.