Honda HR215KHXA oil leak

Caltron3030

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, picked up a hydrostatic push mower for 100$ today. It’s got a pretty good oil leak that comes down on to the top of the deck in the front. Any ideas what could be causing this? IMG_6258.jpeg

bogdaN

Threads
Broken screw remove it or drill and easy out.Remove valve cover clean it and apply good silicone gasket maker.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Broken screw remove it or drill and easy out.Remove valve cover clean it and apply good silicone gasket maker.
What broken screw?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most likely it is just a leaky valve cover gasket. Item #7 PN
1684498961432.png
1684499045110.png

Caltron3030

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to figure out what screw you are talking about bogdan. And thanks for the suggestion Star Tech. The leak is further in under the cylinder head, near the back where it meets the deck. So maybe #5? I'll try to get better pictures when I get home. Thanks for the help
Most likely it is just a leaky valve cover gasket. Item #7 PN
View attachment 64527
View attachment 64528
Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to figure out what screw you are talking about bogdan. And thanks for the suggestion Star Tech. The leak is further in under the cylinder head, near the back where it meets the deck. So maybe #5? I'll try to get better pictures when I get home. Thanks for the help

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads

Could be but this is why I use an UV tracer dye when I am not 100% where the leak is as oil has a bad habit appearing to coming from one place when it actually coming from another area,

Last edited: