Honda hr21 carb replacement

D.White

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve acquired a 1980’s push mower and I need to replace carb. Cracked it while tightening it. Pretty sure it’s the original part. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement or if they make after market replacements that will work? I’ve looked around and the ones I’ve found seem to fit multiple models and the carbs look different than the one on there currently. Just joined the group. Thx for any help.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We need more info before trying to help. Model and serial numbers off the mower. All numbers and letter off the engine. Honda lazer etches these into the block and they can be had to find. Most times you need a strong light and a bit of patience. With this info we can find out what carb you need and approximate cost.

D.White

Forum Newbie
Threads
We need more info before trying to help. Model and serial numbers off the mower. All numbers and letter off the engine. Honda lazer etches these into the block and they can be had to find. Most times you need a strong light and a bit of patience. With this info we can find out what carb you need and approximate cost.

GV150-6200978 on the engine. HR21 SXM. Thanks so much for the help.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have found that your carb number is 16100-888-075, but because your unit is almost 30 years old it is no longer available. I suggest you contact Honda, here is how.

Contact information for U.S., U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico customers only. For all other contact information, go to world.honda.com.

Honda Engines Group
4900 Marconi Dr.
Alpharetta, GA 30005-2519

Customer Relations (U.S. Only)
Tel: 770-497-6400
Fax: 678-339-2519
Monday - Friday 8.30am to 6pm EST

Please have the following information available when contacting Customer Relations:

Your name and address
Owner’s name and address if different from above
Full model name and serial number Find your serial number location
Date of Purchase
Selling Dealer
Description of problem

D.White

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you very much. Stay safe and be well.

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

You could call around to small engine repair shops also. Kind of a hit or miss type thing, but someone might have a "donor" mower with the carb you need.

Regards

Jeff