Honda HHR216 rear wheels lock up moving forward

Grasshopp

Forum Newbie
Threads
My son has a Honda HHR216 walk behind mower and the rear wheels lock up frequently while moving in a forward direction. I've read several posts on the wheels locking up while moving in backward direction. Could this be the same issue? Unfortunately, he is located 700 miles from me and unable to look at the mower. Thanks for your help

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have your son read/scan through these sites then for Safety remove spark plug wire. Remove rear wheels one at a time keeping parts in order right with & left with left. Clean parts with shop rags & inspect for wear, gears missing teeth, broken pieces, etc. Let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark
A pickup truck bed with a few 2x4's under mower deck works great for this job. Locate your mower using complete model & serial numbers below.

Last edited:

Grasshopp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have your son read/scan through these sites then for Safety remove spark plug wire. Remove rear wheels one at a time keeping parts in order right with & left with left. Clean parts with shop rags & inspect for wear, gears missing teeth, broken pieces, etc. Let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark
A pickup truck bed with a few 2x4's under mower deck works great for this job. Locate your mower using complete model & serial numbers below.
Thanks for information. He removed the rear wheels and found the drive gear on the axle shaft along with the snap rings and washers laying loose inside the wheel. Apparently, the Honda dealer who replaced the wheel adjusters earlier this year failed to properly reassemble the components. He will order the necessary parts and make the repairs. Thanks again.