Honda Harmony II HRR216 no serial number

Mikaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was given a used Honda HRR216 mower, runs great, but does not have the bag, discharge chute, or mulch plug. I'd like to buy a bag for this mower. Unfortunately, some previous owner removed the serial number tag (the vinyl decal on the mower deck). I can't order the correct bag, chute, or plug without knowing the serial number. Any suggestions? Was the serial number stamped anywhere else on the mower? I don't even know which specific model I have (SDA, PDA, etc) or which generation I have (the K number). Just based on general appearance and wear, I'd say that the mower is at least 10 years old, but that's only a guess. The person who gave it to me doesn't know anything about its history. Any advice?
UPDATE: found a good site (Shank's) for parts info. There are three different bags, and two different frames, for the HRR216. So if I can just figure out what generation I have (K-number), I can order the right bag & frame. I don't need the actual serial number of the mower. First bag was only used through K2; second bag on K3 through K7; third bag on K8 thru K11 (I really doubt that my mower is a K8 or newer). First frame ran through K7; second frame K8 to K11.
So ... how can I tell if I have a K2 or earlier, a K3 through K7, or (unlikely) K8 or newer?

Last edited: