Honda GXV120 rebuild

steve581581

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Steve: It really depends on the lawn mower model and/or the VIN number on the engine itself. For example the GXV120 I rebuilt some 3 years ago was attached to a HR214SX. From what I found on (boats dot net), only the exhaust valve guide is available. Valve seals were never a original part per the GXV120 engine head. Here is the URL -> https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda/lawn-mowers/hr214-sxa-2-vin-hr214-6235981/cylinder-head
Thank you. I used to have 2 of them but gave the other away years ago like a dummy when the lower crank seal started leaking.

Chris Parman

Threads
Thank you. I used to have 2 of them but gave the other away years ago like a dummy when the lower crank seal started leaking.
You had have two of what? Anyway, if you need to replace the exhaust valve guide they are available. However, in my experience with old GXV120's, the intake valve to intake guide clearance is usually in service specifications and doesn't need replacing. Now the exhaust valve to exhaust guide clearance is usually out of service specification and the valve guide will need to be replaced.