Honda gcv190 only runs and starts with choke on

gnarlypiston11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sup guys I’m new to this forum but I need help. I got a power stroke pressure washer yesterday with a Honda gcv190 motor in it and it only runs and starts with the choke on start position. When I turn the choke to the run position it sputters a little then turns off. I took apart the carb and sprayed a bunch of carb cleaner and stuck a little wire through the jets and where the carb connects to the fuel line (little gold looking tube sticking out of the carb). I put some gas in it and tried running it with the choke in run position but it does the same thing. Any ideas? Hopefully trying to get it fixed by today because my dad needs it tomorrow for a job he’s doing and he said he’d pay me 50 bucks. Help please.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Carburetor needs a proper cleaning. And even then it might need to be replaced.

You will need the both model, type (spec), and serial number to look-up parts for the engine.

The following site will model code which is the leading part of the serial number but you will need the type number to get the right IPL.

https://www.honda-engines-eu.com/en/spare-parts

gnarlypiston11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok thanks for that. I took it apart and sprayed even more carb cleaner and stuck the wire through jets and stuff again and it ran without the choke. So we’re all good. I got the 50 bucks too.