Honda GCV190 Add a Blade Brake Clutch?

Bob1234567890

Forum Newbie
Threads
How hard is it to add a blade brake clutch to a Honda GCV190 that doesn't currently have one? The engine is on a Husqvarna lawn mower. It is model # 65RSW21HVA.

I only have basic tools (no press). I could buy a pulley puller to remove the old blade hub. I am moderately mechanically inclined.

Thanks.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Send Robert at Honda a private message, he'll be glad to help, have all engine numbers handy as well as crankshaft diameter.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
How hard is it to add a blade brake clutch to a Honda GCV190 that doesn't currently have one? The engine is on a Husqvarna lawn mower. It is model # 65RSW21HVA.

I only have basic tools (no press). I could buy a pulley puller to remove the old blade hub. I am moderately mechanically inclined.

Thanks.

I really don't think that move would be cost effective. I think it would be better off to just but another mower with the BBC already installed.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

Thanks.

The crankshafts are different, so that's a big cost up and lots of labor (engine case must be split open) to change out.

The cost of just the engine-side BBC parts is over $50 (list price)

Was your mower ever offered with BBC? You'd need to get all the linkage, handlebars control parts etc. from Husqvarna.

I do think you'd be better off to sell your current mower and then buy one with a BBC.