Honda electric start problems

HD1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for some advice here. I have a Honda push mower with the electric start. When you turn the key to the starter mode it does nothing other than the relay clicks. The battery is good and charged and the fuse is good. When the key is turned on the mower will start with the pull rope and when you turn the key to off the mower will stop as designed. But again, when you engage the key to the start mode it does nothing other than the relay clicks. Any ideas?

earthworm

Threads
Looking for some advice here. I have a Honda push mower with the electric start. When you turn the key to the starter mode it does nothing other than the relay clicks. The battery is good and charged and the fuse is good. When the key is turned on the mower will start with the pull rope and when you turn the key to off the mower will stop as designed. But again, when you engage the key to the start mode it does nothing other than the relay clicks. Any ideas?
Can you bring power directly to the starter motor, by passing the solenoid ..If so, and the starter spins and tries to start the engine .. the motor is OK.. But, the solenoid is ''suspect'' .. Do check the battery carefully .. How old is it ?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

Honda has made a few dozen different models of mowers with electric start. Which exact one do you have? Look at the data plate on the back of the mower deck, it's in the format "MXXX-1234567"