Engine Honda 2 cylinder

murray2001

Threads
I have a Honda 2 cylinder liquid cooled engine that has spark but it won't start. I've put new solenoid, spark plugs and cleaned the carburetor. It still won't start. Help

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wont start could mean a lot of things. Could we get some more detail on what it is doing when you are trying to start. Model number off the engine is necessary.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Honda 2 cylinder liquid cooled engine that has spark but it won't start. I've put new solenoid, spark plugs and cleaned the carburetor. It still won't start. Help

Is this a loose Honda engine on Brand X machine, or is it a Honda engine on a Honda tractor or Honda generator? Got a model number for either, or the serial number off the side of the engine block?

How old is the gasoline in the tank? If it is more that a few weeks old, dump it and flush the tank really good. The carburetor may still have trash inside, and you need to really pull it all the way apart to clean it right. Compressed air and some spray-type carb cleaner works good, IF you do it right.