Export thread

Homelite Primer Bulbs-- or The Holy Grail

J

joel0711

I was given an old Homelite string trimmer, ut206129A, ZR Z825sd,, Hadn't been started in for ever and the gas tank smelled more like varnish than gas.
I cleaned it up a little and actually got it running up to speed and done some weed-eating with it (how it ever started i dont know!). The primer bulb on the bottom of the carb. is busted and actually the fule hose wasn't even connected but it finally fired up and suprisingly ran well.
I have search the websites and cant find a primer bulb listed. Does anyone know where to get a bulb for this old boy. I'd like to put a few more miles on it!

thanks---greg

Fish

Fish

It would be sold buy the carb mfgr.

Fish

Fish

It is either Zama or Walbro.

J

joel0711

THANKS for the info Fish!!

rickpaulos

rickpaulos

I found one on ebay that "fits all Homelite trimmers" Well, I can sure tell by the photo it won't fit my Homelite trimmer. With listings like that, it sure means I have to do the work to find the correct parts.

There are plenty of bulbs on ebay. Sold as singles, multiples, etc. But which do I need? Just knowing your power equipment model number doesn't always tell you what brand of carb you have. And on many tools, you have to take it all apart to find the carb brand & model number & series, etc. And while it is apart you might need a carb kit/gaskets. For as cheap as the bulbs are, I think some enterprising ebay seller could bundle them as a "one of each size" ebay item. The time it takes to track down an exact bulb is not trivial. And the postage can run more than a bulb. I'd be willing to pay a little extra for "all sizes assortment" just so I know I'm getting the one I need. Selling kits of parts is very common in other fields. So how about it sellers? Don't stop at bulbs. A selection of all sizes of fuel lines would be very handy to have on hand.

Or has someone put together a bulb reference chart. One with all the sizes with dimensions? I measured mine and used those measurements to buy one on ebay based on dimensions.

L

logan01

Most small engine / mower shops carry assorted sized bulbs. Are you sure your number is correct and it's not this one? UT20619-A