Homelite has Spark, Fuel getting to cylinder but not starting or kicking over

Threads
  • / Homelite has Spark, Fuel getting to cylinder but not starting or kicking over
Sorry I put this in the wrong section, I didn't click the right section.

I have a homelike 25cc whipper snipper that I picked up from the side of the road. I have cleaned the carb in fuel as it was in disgusting condition, put a different spark plug in that sparks. Cleaned the fuel out and put new fuel in it. I also put new fuel line, fuel filter and primmer bulb as they were all cracked.

So I tried to start it and nothing, took the spark plug out, turned it upside down and pulled the rope to see if I flooded it and still nothing.

Then I dipped the spark plug in fuel and put it back in and pulled the rope and nothing.

What the hell is the problem, the piston sounds alright when it is moving up and down, could it be an air leak?

Also does it matter than I am using 50:1 ratio fuel and it is designed for 25:1.

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Homelite has Spark, Fuel getting to cylinder but not starting or kicking over
Have you checked your value clearances?
Should start with 50 to 1 but I would not recommend more than an idle.

Threads
Have you checked your value clearances?
Should start with 50 to 1 but I would not recommend more than an idle.

No I haven't checked the valve clearences, what tool would I need to do that?

Thank you in advance

Threads
Thanks for all your help, but it just started working all of a sudden, LOL.