Homelite 420 snow blower

beg

Well-Known Member
I am not one to give up but this one has me baffled and could possibly be cursed .The first thing I noticed wrong was the primer bulb was leaking so it was replaced not an easy find as it is a wet primer bulb.The starter rope broke on the second pull so I fixed that and it starts but will not rev up I pulled the jets and sprayed carb cleaner in the holes and set the jets to factory spec but still it will only run at a low rpm and will die after 10 to 15 seconds.Motor has good compression Would like someones opinion as to what is wrong.
 
had an old spliter that did that after cleaning the carb multiple times and messing with the choke it turned out to be a wasp nest in the governer(no idea how it got in there) so Maybe your governer needs to be adjusted.??
 
Back
Top