HM100 Carburetor Option

mowfixer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a generator with a HM100 engine. I recently repaired a problem with the ignition coil and I replaced the carburetor bot I have not been happy since the carbs on this engine are EPA models.

My question. I see a fully adjustable carb that will fit my engine but there is one difference. My EPA carb has a hose connected to the valve cover vent and the adjustable carb does not have that connection.

Since I may run this generator 2 hours a year during power outages I am not worried about polluting the world. I cant remember on the pre EPA engines if the valve cover even had a vent or if it just vented into the air.

Is there a solution.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get tecumseh part no. 35350 breather tube and install in valve cover.

mowfixer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have that breather tube currently. But adjustable carb has no place to connect it like EPA one does. Guess I can find old style valve cover with breather hole and screen. The EPA carb runs too lean and engine wants to run with choke partially on. I have replaced the entire fuel system, hoses, filter. shutoff valve and I only run non ethanol gas. I am old school and like carbs I can adjust.

Lockheed

Threads
I have that breather tube currently. But adjustable carb has no place to connect it like EPA one does. Guess I can find old style valve cover with breather hole and screen. The EPA carb runs too lean and engine wants to run with choke partially on. I have replaced the entire fuel system, hoses, filter. shutoff valve and I only run non ethanol gas. I am old school and like carbs I can adjust.
What is the number of the new carb?

Born2Mow

Threads
You can run the breather tube into the air filter box, between the filter and the carb's intake. Drill a hole in the air box, and add a short section of fuel line to extend the hose.