Hi there 8229a

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi I have recieved a beautiful lawn boy top drive belt model 8229a Lawn Boy mower with the Magnesium deck it is very cool it was stored in a garage for years im looking for some information on it like model year what it is worth when i get it running and maybe what i might have to do i am hoping i can avoid carb work i can do it i just dont want to brake any ancient seals or gaskets. And if i cannot get it running how much i should be able to get out of it. (just a note if i get it running i will probably not sell)

Let me know what i have sitting here

Fireman 123

Threads
Do whatever it takes to get it going and def hang on to it. It's prob a mid to late 60's model. The top drive models are highly sought by collectors if you should decide to sell it. Post a picture if you can. Good job acquiring a rare mower!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do whatever it takes to get it going and def hang on to it. It's prob a mid to late 60's model. The top drive models are highly sought by collectors if you should decide to sell it. Post a picture if you can. Good job acquiring a rare mower!

I have it running it seems to not have alot of power but i have never heard these old 2 cycle engines so i dont know if it just doesnt have alot. It also has lots of smoke coming out of it.

So i am going to clean the exhaust because i know some 2 cycle engines get kinda gummed up if not mixed properly. There is some kind of nob on top of the carb looks like an adjustment of some kind throttle? its on top of the carb it looks like a little disc that you can spin. Anyone know what that is? And is there anything else i should do to make it run a little better?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
So i have decided to sell it i have it running perfectly the mag deck is in great shape looks as tho the grass had barely coroded it. the exhaust was a mess but i got it all cleaned out someone want to make me an offer?

Fireman 123

Threads
I don't think so. I think you'd have better luck getting that on eBay, especially if you can ship it.