Hi from Scotland!

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Hi!

I'm Jamie, and my mower is a 2011 Sovereign push mower, with a 3.5HP Briggs & Stratton OHV engine!

I've only used the mower once since buying it last Tuesday, and because of that it only has 30 minutes of use.

This is my first petrol (gas for you Americans) mower, and I really like it.

Currently, it runs great on MIN, but splutters badly on MAX, but my friend thinks that may be the carb being wrongly adjusted ?

Anyway, I'll be mowing my lawn again tomorrow, so I'll have fiddle then.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Scotland!
Congratulations jmurray you're the first from Scotland....I think.
Glad your here and I hope you figure out that mower.
Over here we put gas in ours:biggrin:. It runs good with gas.
It's hard to say but I think there may be no adjustment on that carb. Did you, buy it new, get a warranty?
Welcome to LMF

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Brand new with 1 year guarentee.

You think it may just need a bit more running in time ?

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Brand new with 1 year guarentee.

You think it may just need a bit more running in time ?
Iwould take it back if it's not too much trouble, get the guy to fix it. My experience with Briggs and Stratton is they right run right straight out of the box.
Sounds like one of the jets is obstructed, but it's really hard to acurately diagnose with such little info.

mystreba

Threads
Hi!

I'm Jamie, and my mower is a 2011 Sovereign push mower, with a 3.5HP Briggs & Stratton OHV engine!

I've only used the mower once since buying it last Tuesday, and because of that it only has 30 minutes of use.

This is my first petrol (gas for you Americans) mower, and I really like it.

Currently, it runs great on MIN, but splutters badly on MAX, but my friend thinks that may be the carb being wrongly adjusted ?

Anyway, I'll be mowing my lawn again tomorrow, so I'll have fiddle then.

Hi Jamie - how much grass do you have? At $12 (US) per gallon, I hope it's not too much! I filled up my 5-gallon gas can today and I was grumbling that it cost $20. Then I thought about you guys and I didn't feel so bad!

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Problem no more! :smile:

I started the mower up today, and once it had warmed up on MIN, I switched it from MIN to MAX back and forth every 5 seconds, and after doing it for about 1 minute, I put it on MAX permanently, and it ran great! No spluttering, no misfiring, just nice and smooth!

That's a Briggs & Stratton engine for ya! :biggrin:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hopefully that's the end of it. Glad to here your mowers running good.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Well, it is a B&S so I'm sure it'll be fine for hundreds of years to come :laughing: