hey guys need a new deck belt but i am confused see pic below

teachme

Threads
  • / hey guys need a new deck belt but i am confused see pic below
how can i tell which one is mine this is under my hood . i am a 38inch cut. 2013-09-11 13.42.47.jpg

not sure which to get

ok i think i see now the different ones are for the blades the top one is for the deck belt sorry just got almost done mowing was hot after a cup of ice tea it made more sense. has anyone cross referenced one of these belts with an advance or auto zone belt ? im gonna redo the whole deck this winter just wanted to finish the summer

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
#108209 belt part number is the one you want, a couple of site list it as a 1/2" x 82".

teachme

Threads
ok now i am really confused. i bought a 82 inch belt at local parts place it wont even fit on all pulleys. so i took it back and we went to 87 inch belt now it will fit all pulleys but its so tight that i cant engage the mow lever at the steering wheel the blades will spin when the motor is running no way to stop them. and chances the guy i bought this from didnt put a simplicity deck back on it ? ( he said it had a new deck on it when i bought it). so i am going back to the parts place with the old belt and the 87inch belt they sell up to 100 inch. i Just need it a little bigger maybe 3-4 inch but factory belt will not fit for sure :(

ok so maybe its a newer deck cause pick under the hood says i need a 108209 which is 82 x 1/2 but after trial and error i found a pdf manual and it says belt number 1716854 which is 90 x 1/2 the last belt i tried today was 90 x 1/2 and it worked great so maybe the guy put a newer deck on it cause the sticker under the hood is wrong.

Last edited: