Herb Garden

Rawlings

Threads
I want to put something in as well, but I want some things I can use both medicinally and in the kitchen. They need some good sues or it is not worth my time to plant them.

There is a lot of information here about herbs you can grow for medicinal use. (I presume you have the skill to do something with them once grown :smile:). Some of them will do double duty in the kitchen as well.

Smartaleck

Threads
Don't plant lemon balm, or any kind of mint really, but the lemon balm, lovely smelling though it is, completely took over my garden at one time and it took me months to get rid of it.

Georgian

Threads
Cat nip is another herb that you might not want to plant. I have it in a special area of my herb garden. My cats love it, the problem is so do all the neighborhood cats. That is why I have it over to one side, so when they decide (the cats that is) to have a roll in the nip (as apposed to roll in the hay) they don't disturb the other herbs. Also, catnip is also called catmint by some, and that means it will try to invade everywhere. It is not as hardy as peppermint, therefore, it doesn't usually become a pain by spreading.