Help with John Deere L111 Mower?

baja0463

Forum Newbie
Threads
John Deere L111 Mower.

All of a sudden the blades won't turn when I throw the PTO lever. I removed the mower deck and inspected everything -- it all looks good. The belt is in good shape, the sheaves are clean, pulleys look ok. I've also adjusted the belt tension.

Any other ideas? Help?

Thanks in advance!

Bill from Florida

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
John Deere L111 Mower.

All of a sudden the blades won't turn when I throw the PTO lever. I removed the mower deck and inspected everything -- it all looks good. The belt is in good shape, the sheaves are clean, pulleys look ok. I've also adjusted the belt tension.

Any other ideas? Help?

Thanks in advance!

Bill from Florida

Is the blade portion of the engine pulley turning?

If everything looks good and the belt is tight with PTO lever engaged but loose when the PTO lever is disengaged you'll usually smell a strange rubber burning smell followed by smoke if the blades aren't turning.

baja0463

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is the blade portion of the engine pulley turning?

If everything looks good and the belt is tight with PTO lever engaged but loose when the PTO lever is disengaged you'll usually smell a strange rubber burning smell followed by smoke if the blades aren't turning.

Thanks, Sr Citizen ... I haven't smelled anything unusual nor have I seen any smoke -- but I'll take a closer look at the engine pulley and report back.