Help, My mower saga

CodyJJ

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'll tell you what i've done, you tell me how bad I have screwed up and how to fix it. I am not a mechanic and have been trying to do this all on my own.
Mower was leaking gas. ok, faulty gasket, Replaced
Mower still leaking gas. try tightening the carburetor bolts. Over tightened and busted a bolt. Ordered new bolts. Maybe i'll replace the carburetor, a lot of people online seem to suggest this.
I bought the cheepy cheepy huskee LT 4200 about 7 years back and really only use it 4 times a year. Turns out the parts are not as interchangable as some main line mowers. Could not find an identical carburetor online. Bought a carburator that said it fits this model. Its a bit different but I made it fit. sits at a bit of an angle (is that ok?). The stupid metal bars that open and close the flappy things inside didnt fit quite right but I made it work and they seem to open and close the flappy things.
Tested it, hey it works, no longer leaking gas. I decided to mow my yard, about half way through mowing it dies. Turn it back on and it would run with the choke on but then die when I took choke off. Fought with this for a good 10 minutes then it decided to not turn on even with choke. Wont crank, wont tick, wont do anything or make any sounds. In fiddling with those stupid metal bars that move the carburetor flappies one of them refused to move. I can make the plastic part on the carburator move but the other end of the wire/bar that attached to the mower will not move without excessive force.
Also side note, My working envornment has not been the cleanest and parts of the carburetor have been exposed to dirt/chickens.

I've added pictures of the carburetor and the stupid metal bars that control the flappies.

any suggestions.?.?,?

Attachments

• mower2.jpg
    mower2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 24
  • mower.jpg
    mower.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 22

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like you are running a K&N air filter. Look at all that dirt in that air filter to carb adapter. o_O Think that engine has seen more dirt than air and gas LOL.

Just looked at your second picture. Is this a mud bogger kids toy? I like the "optional" Christmas light I see in picture 2? What a mess!

When you basically destroy an engine like that, don't be surprised you won't be attending the next ho-down mud bog competition super rally. Damn Cletus, that sucker is filthy. Did you check the sand level? I mean oil level?

slomo